Having started on the renovation of my Canterbury Pitt table/bed support, it spurred me on to have a look at some other bits in the camper that also needed resolution. For ages now I had not got around to finishing off the Canterbury Pitt overhead storage locker at the rear of the camper. The door piece was there, just not fitted. It had no handle of hinges when I got it, and as I could still use the storage space without necessarily needing the door, it had become one of those jobs I had put to the back of my mind.
However, seeing as today was a bit too wet outside to do the cutting and sanding needed for the next stages of the table renovation, I thought it was time to turn my attention to the overhead storage locker, especially as this was a small job I could do inside!
Once again, the couple of extra pieces of incomplete Canterbury Pitt furniture panels I had stashed away would prove invaluable as my source for some authentic Canterbury Pitt fixtures and fittings to complete the job.
So the carefully removed ‘Butterfly’ hinges, door catch mechanism and even the original screws were put in my container of penetrating oil to soak to help lubricate the parts and give them a little clean up at the same time. Not big progress, but at least another step forward in getting things resolved. Now just need a bit of a sunny day to get the table woodwork done!