They’re not the best equipped, the fastest or the most comfortable campers out there. They’re quirky to drive and the technology is dated and sometimes a challenge to use. An odd choice for my classic camper van then!
To me, none of this really matters though. It has its own unique character and story. Without doubt, it’s my fave vehicle ever! People wave at you whilst you’re driving around. You stop places and have complete strangers come up and start conversations with you about it. So many stories, from so many different people. It does way more than merely just get you from A to B.
Yes it’s cool. No I’m not going to paint it!
This is a standard reply to one of my most commonly asked questions. The bus was made in Germany in 1963/1964. It is still mostly original and solid in all the right places! Sure, the paint is faded and worn through in areas. That’s to be expected after all these years. Especially if you spent most of those early years in sunny California. You only get original once, and this bus shows its age with pride!
Keep up with the latest adventures…
Road trips around the UK and Europe, car shows, special events and just keeping everything working as it should be. There’s a bit of something for everyone to enjoy…
Top Posts & Pages
- Spring is sprung, big changes all around
- 2,300+ mile Outer Hebrides road trip
- Power steering rack upgrade for a VW bus
- going that extra mile or two – VW Early Bay meets VW Split screen combo
- Ben Pon Bad Ass Barndoor show 2018
- Early Bay larger petrol tank swap
- are you sleeping comfortably?
- fitting a fire suppression system in your VW Camper